Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Yacht Club

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday. My family spent the day with my uncle and two of my cousins. My uncle had to work so my dad, Ryan, and William helped and then we all went out to lunch. Spending the day in Colorado where it felt like summer made the day enjoyable in spite of the work.

Today is the first day of the A-Z Challenge, which takes place during the month of April. I thought it would be a fun way to meet bloggers, so I will be taking part in it. And the theme I have decided on is books. 

Naturally, the letter for today is A, so I decided to do Anne of Green Gables, written by Lucy Maud Montgomery and published in 1908. It is a well loved story about an orphan girl named Anne - spelled with an E to make it look less plain - and her misadventures after she is adopted by a confirmed bachelor and his old maid sister. 

Red haired Anne has the kind of adventures I've always dreamed of having. Adventures that only happen in the summer, in flowery gardens with one's best friend. 

One of the requests with these posts is that they be kept short, so I shall end there. Besides, I am sure many of you have either read the book or seen the movie. Some stories never get old.



___

This isn't part of the challenge. I was given an award and didn't wish to put it off until the end of the month, so for those here for the tag you needn't read further if you would rather not. :)

This award is called the Liebster Award. 
It was given to me by Rebeccah who blogs at Rebeccah Writes. Her blog can be found by click on this link. http://rebeccahgiltrow.blogspot.co.uk/ 
Thank you very much, Rebeccah!

There is a list of things one is supposed to do when awarded.
*Post the award on your blog.
*Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog
*Post eleven random facts about yourself
*Answer eleven questions that have been set by the person who nominated you
*Nominate eleven bloggers with fewer then two hundred followers to accept this award
*As your nominees eleven questions.

Eleven Random Facts About Me
1. I have always had a deep fascination with random historical facts. Out of all the history lessons I had in school the one I remembered the most was when Daniel Boone almost froze to death after falling in a river one night. Unable to start a fire, he spent the night climbing up a tree and sliding down to keep himself warm.

2. My hair is almost black, but sometimes I am so clueless I could be blond.

3. My family never gets firewood until there is snow on the ground and it is in the twenties, or lower.

4. I live in a valley which is surrounded by mountains. In the winter, if we get enough snow, all the passes close and all the college students who live out of town panic.

5. I don't like to paint my nails just one color. Usually I use two colors, sometimes more.

6. I am hoping to adopt a puppy this month.

7. I am scared of heights, but I love to rock climb.

8. I enjoy walking in the wind, but I hate riding my bike in it.

9. I am starting to get very excited for college.

10. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to solve a mystery.

11. I have started reading The Hardy Boy books, and I've discovered I like them more then the Nancy Drew ones but not as much as Trixie Belden.

Eleven Questions Given Me By Rebeccah
1. Where in the world are you right now?
I am in my bedroom, in my home, which is tucked away in a windy valley. 

2. What has been your best gift?
This one is a little hard. I believe the best gifts are time given to a person, so therefore I would have to say any amount of time I have spent with my family. But if I had to pick one certain gift - well, maybe I can't think of one. I was able to narrow it down to the foils William bought me when I took up fencing and the teddy bear my dad gave me one day just because. 

3. Can you play a musical instrument?
I can play the flute, though not very well. If I spent more time on it and gave it more effort I am certain I could be fairly good at it, but I am not really a musical person. I love listening to music, there are just other things I'd rather be doing then learning it.

4. If you could time-travel to any period in the past, where would you go?
This is easy. I would go back to when Carter first because digging for Tut's tomb. I would love nothing more then to dig with him, then be there when it was discovered. I would also have loved to have gone in it with him, that night he, Carnarvon, and Evelyn entered by themselves.

5. What is your favorite dessert?
I cannot eat many sugary things because of my IBS, so I've become very fond of fruit for a dessert. But lately I have discovered another as well, crackers with a little peanut butter and Nutella on it. That is one of the best things in the world. Though Greek frozen yogurt is also very nice.

6. Who was your favorite teacher at school?
I was homeschooled from first grade on through high school. I hated my first years of public school, as I was painfully shy, and I think the happiest day of my life was the day I learned I didn't have to go back. Therefore, my favorite teacher was my mom.

7. Do you have any pets?
We have two dogs and a cat. One of the dogs is William's, the other is my dad's - she adopted him. The cat, Annie, is mine. She is fat, likes to be left on her own, and was the runt of her litter. And she is the sweetest cat who ever lived, when she wishes to be.

8. Where did you go on your last holiday/ vacation?
William, Ryan, T, and D, and I went on a camping trip/ hiking trip. It wasn't really a vacation but was the closest we came last year, and it was a lot of fun.

9. What languages can you speak?
English only. Though I have to learn Latin in college and I am learning to read hieroglyphs  (I know that is different from speaking it, but it sounds more impressive then simply saying I only speak one language.)

10. What is your favorite word?
I can't think of one I like more then the others, but I do say Howdy a lot, so maybe that is a favorite.
Living in the West, I tried not to become the typical cowboy but there are some things one cannot help picking up.

11. If you could exchange lives with anyone, who would you choose?
I would rather not exchange. I like the life God has given me, and exchanging would mean giving up my family, and I'm too fond of them for that.

Nominate Eleven Bloggers






I am afraid that is all I can do, I don't have anymore bloggers I know of to nominate yet. I am still meeting bloggers.

As The Nominees Eleven Questions
1. What are some of your favorite period drama movies?

2. Do you have a craft you enjoy (knitting, sewing, cross stitch?)

3. If you went camping would you take a camper or a tent?

4. Have you ever written a book?

5. Have you ever read a book more then once?

6. Which historical figure would you like most to meet?

7. Which historical figure do you imagine you are most like?

8. Do you have a favorite band/ singer?

9. Which holiday is your favorite?

10. If you were accadently locked in a building for the night, what building would you like it to be?

11. Do you have any nick names?

Now I think I will end this as it turned out much longer then I thought. 
Farewell. 

4 comments:

  1. If you want to nominate someone else, I'd be to take the nomination;) I know how frusterating it can be when you don't have many followers (I think I have about 2;D)
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would be more then happy to nominate you! I was going to but I wasn't able to find your blog. What is the link for it? Whenever I click on your name it just takes me to the goggle circle.

      Delete
  2. My blog is http://lesmisramblings.blogspot.com/ and it's called "Ramblings of a Les Miserables Fanatic"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have already looked at it and know I shall have a lot of fun reading it from now on. I am unable to follow because it hasn't been working for me for some reason, but I book marked it so I can find it again easily. Therefore, I am following it, just nothing will show up on your side bar. :)

      Delete