Monday, April 1, 2013

Betsy-Tacy

This is the second day in the A-Z Challenge. If you wish to learn more about it you can click on the button on my side bar. My theme for this challenge is books.

B
Betsy-Tacy, written by Maud Hart Lovelace. Published 1940-1955



I read almost all of these books when I was younger but my favorites were the first three. Betsy-Tacy, Betsy, Tacy, and Tib. Betsy and Tacy Go Over The Big Hill.

Betsy, Tacy, and Tib are best friends living in the 19th century. Betsy Ray lives on Hill Street in a little yellow cottage, right across the street from Tacy. Later Tib moves in two houses down.

Some of the things I remember best from these books was when the girls decided to use their full names and pretend they were grown up ladies. There were also the parties they would attend when they got older. I've always wanted to have an old fashioned party like those, a house full of young people playing games and eating tats and cake.

I really should finish the series sometime soon. I stopped when they started to get romantic. Since then I've started to enjoy old fashioned romantic stories, and the romance is with Joe I believe and I always did like him.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendations. Good post.
    Debra
    #1403

    ReplyDelete