Friday, April 5, 2013

Bridges

E
Escape from the Island of Aquarius. Written by Frank Peretti. Published 1986.



I hadn't planned to do two of the Cooper Kids books in a row, but there wasn't a chance I was going to not do this book. This is the second in the series and my favorite out of all the books. 

In this book the Coopers travel to a mysterious island in the hopes of finding a missing missionary. Instead they uncover a cult, a murder, and an old bridge just ready to fall into a whirl pool. The bridge was the part I liked best.

In the end, in true Archaeological form, the Coopers barely escape the island which slips into the sea. I think it is time I learn how to destroy things, according the movies and books, this is a favorite pastime of Archaeologists.

I will have my new gloves up tomorrow. I was called in to work today so don't have the time right now, but plan on uploading the pictures tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Evy! This looks like a fun series. I can't really remember the Cooper kids but the cover looks familiar. I think I may have read this at the library when I was a kid!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice book review. I love the mystery. I'm definitely going to have to buy these books.
    #1390
    A to Z April Blogging Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the comments you have been leaving. I have enjoyed hearing from you.
      I was going to reply on your blog but I cannot find it anywhere so decided to reply here so you wouldn't think I was ignoring you :)

      These are really good books. Very exciting. Kind of like Indiana Jones for kids I would say.

      Delete
  3. Do you have the link for this blog on the A to Z list or are people coming from your link to Wonderful Things? We're cleaning up the list and deleting links that are not participating. Do we need to change the link on the list at #249 to this URL?

    Lee
    Blogging from A to Z
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm in! This story sounds intriguing!
    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! You made want to read the books. They sound very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete