Friday, April 19, 2013

I bravely fought off the monsters beneath her bed

Somehow I got behind again. I'm not really sure how as I thought I was caught up. (Though I did miss yesterdays letter. I had a long day at work.) I'm now going to get caught up by doing tomorrows as well and hopefully keep it that way.

P
Proof. Written by Bill Bright and Jack Cavanagh.



This is a story about one of the Great Awakenings which took place in the USA. It is the story about a man who wishes to be a lawyer and gets his chance by working on a big case. But everything is going against him and he fears he is destined to loose, and loose every chance of fulfilling his dream.

Not only was this a story on an important time in history, the characters were a lot of fun. Harrison grows up an orphan, living with a group of other newsboys and therefore his social skills leave much to be desired - as is seen when he attempts to have tea with a possible boss and ends up spilling it. I really liked him in the story and he's the reason this book became a favorite. 

Q
Queen Sheba's Ring. Written by H. Rider Haggard. Published 1910. 

I haven't read this yet but it is part of the Alan Quirtermain series so I know I will like it.

R
Red Fighter Pilot. Written by Manfred Von Richthofen. Published 1917



After watching the movie, Red Baron, I found his book online and have been reading it. (Slowly because I don't like reading on my computer.) The first few chapters have only caused me to like The Red Baron even more. He was a very mischievous boy.

____
I decided that, since I was reading The Hardy Boy books I would try and read some of the Nancy Drew again. I started with The Quest of the Missing Map because it was a treasure hunt story. I was surprised to discover that I had fun reading it. 

I had a friend who loved the books and she was very mad at how the new Nancy Drew movie was made. I didn't mind the movie, but on reading the books I understood her annoyances. Nancy was more intelligent then portrayed in the movie, and Ned is much cooler in the books. 

I picked up another one from the library and hope to finish the series this summer, or come close to doing so. I will also be attempting to finish The Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden. It seems a nice way to pass summer before I start school. 

I've been listening to a lot of Owl City on youtube the last few days. I only own one of his CD's, but I hope to buy the rest soon. First on my list is the one which has the song Sunburn on it. 

2 comments:

  1. Keeping up is hard when you are working and living your usual life. Good for you and I hope you make it through to the end.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I stopped by from the A to Z challenge. I am not sure if it me, but your text is really hard to read. The frame your posts are in are somewhat transparent and your back ground image bleeds through.

    Thanks!

    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side and The Witch
    Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete