Monday, April 22, 2013

I'll be out of my mind and you'll be out of ideas pretty soon

This post is late today. When I got off work I went shopping with my mom then came home and moved a bookcase around in my bedroom. 

 For S I have decided to go with

The Scarlet Pimpernel. Written by Emmuska Orczy. Published 1905.



This is a very popular book, recounting the adventures of Sir Percy Barkley, the Scarlet Pimpernel. A rich British man who spends a lot of time in France freeing people who are sentenced to death. To hide his identity, Sir Percy acts like an idiot during social gatherings, only talking about clothes. He even keeps his secret from his wife - which is made easier by the fact that the two aren't on the best of terms during the book.

I would have enjoyed the book more if Sir Percy had been in it more, it is mostly from his wife's view point, but I still liked it. The only weird thing I found in it was when Sir Percy kissed the steps after getting into an argument with his wife whom he thinks doesn't love him. One moment he was being very sweet, then he was kissing steps and I had a moment of, "Did I just read what I thought I read?"

A very fun book, nonetheless, but I must admit I like the movie slightly better. Although, his wife's hair in the movie still makes me snicker :)

Lastly, I posted here as well. http://mykiwi-pineappleparasol.blogspot.com/ A story about my new boots.

Sorry that it is sideways. It isn't on the other blog.

2 comments:

  1. I've never read that one. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this in school. I had no idea there was movie. I'll be on the look out for it.
    Great S post!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete