Sunday, April 14, 2013

J, K, L

My cold has finally let up. I had a bit of the flu on Friday and couldn't go into work, but Saturday I felt much better. I spent most of Friday resting, after going to the college to find out which classes I would need to take. But that is why I am behind in the A-Z Challenge, I spent the rest of Friday sleeping on and off and watching Hawaii Five-O with my mom.

I will be doing three letters today to get back where I should be.

J

Jurassic Park. Written by Michael Crichton. Published 1990.



The movie came out when I was five. I don't know when I saw it, but the moment I did it fueled my growing love of dinosaurs. I didn't know there was a book till a few years ago and found a copy at a yard sale which I picked up. I haven't made it very far into the book, but plan on finishing it someday soon. If it is anything like the movie I know I will enjoy it.

K

King Solomon's Mines. Written by H. Rider Haggard. Published 1885.



My dad picked this book up at the library for me one day, thinking I would enjoy it. I started it the moment I got my hands on it and finished it in record time. At first I didn't think I'd like it at all since Alan Quartermain was, an older man to put it in my train of thought while reading. However, on reading the line which said the book had no romance in it, I kept going and soon was pulled into the adventure story and couldn't put the book down.
It still remains one of my favorites.

A daring adventure about three men who set out to find the legendary treasure of King Solomon. They travel deep into the desert and high into snow capped mountains. They face death, hunger, and suffering. Danger follows whenever they turn, and when they finally reach their goal not all is as it seems.
I think it is one of the best adventures ever written.

L

Little Women. Written by Louisa May Alcott. Published 1868-1869


One of the best loved stories ever written. A story about four sisters and their joys and struggles while growing up in the Civil War. This will be a book I can always re-read and love just as much as when I first picked it up.  

2 comments:

  1. I would like to get around to reading Little Women one day. I heard about that story in a magazine or somewhere...and thought there was a movie with the same title but I'm not sure. Jurassic Park is a goodie for sure.

    -Nicole
    2013 #atozchallenge Co-Host
    www.madlabpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck. Sorry about the flu, but glad you're better. I love Little Women and have read it numerous times.

    ReplyDelete