Tuesday, April 23, 2013

King Tut

This is another late post. Only because I spent the last two hours or so watching Red Tails. But more on that below. Now the challenge.

T

Tutankhamun, The Untold Story. Written by Thomas Hoving. Published 1978



Contrary to the title, this book is actually about Howard Carter and his time spent searching for King Tut's tomb. I've learned a lot about Carter by reading this book. (Including the fact that he didn't wait to enter Tut's tomb with the proper authorities as many say. After discovering the tomb and closing it up again, he returned to it that night with Carnarvon, Evelyn Herbert and I believe on other man. They then spent hours exploring the tomb, long before anyone else had a chance to look inside.) This story I find funny because, given the circumstances  I know I would have done the same. I'd always wondered how he could have possibly closed it up and waited to enter it until morning.

I've been taking my time reading the book, I believe I've been reading it for more then a year, but it is one I enjoy so much I don't want to hurry through it and have it end.

Also, I'd considered doing a review of Red Tails tonight but I think I'll save it for tomorrow. Right now I think I'll just go to bed. Today was another long day at work, but my only long day this week. 

Tomorrow will be more fun as I plan to go and see a dog I'm hoping to buy. But, more on that later as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment