Friday, April 5, 2013

Spies and shopping

F
For Freedom. Written by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. Published 2007.

Based on a true story, this book is set during World War II when the Germans had invaded France. A young singer joins a secret origination which spies on the Nazis. Her normally quiet life is now in constant danger as she tries to keep her spying a secret from both the Nazis and her family. It was a great book, one I would willingly read again. One of those books which gives all kinds of facts on what it was like living in France occupied Germany without sounding like a history book.
_____
Today my mom and I went shopping when she got off work. We went to the flee market in town and then to this little vintage shop which is ruin by a friend of ours. We always find wonderful things there, mostly dresses from the fifties we cannot afford. But it is fun to look.

We did find things today, however. My mom found a sweeter and jacket and I discovered a red and orange dress from the 60's. I have a new found liking for 60's clothes, bright colors and all.
As we were checking out, the owner gave me two skirts and a sweater. (She said she couldn't donate them because they were vintage and didn't know who else they might fit.) One of the skirts looks to be from the fifties, and though it looks a bit small I am sure I can fix it up so it will fit me. The other skirt looks like it might be more from the 60's. If I could get in contact with my friend Katie I'd ask her as she can just look at a piece of clothing and know what era it is from.

Either way, they are both very pretty and it will be fun to wear them - especially with my saddle shoes.

The only other daily life news I have is that I believe I will be able to drag my family to go and see Jurassic Park in 3D after church tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'm planning on talking D into going with me. I'd love to see it at the IMax but figured I shouldn't push my luck. Seeing it in theaters in 3D, even in our little theater, will be amazing enough.

Sorry once more about lack of pictures of my gloves. I was fixing up my esty shoppe last night and my dad gave me some pointers. So I am going to try them out, which means redoing the pictures I have. I plan to work on it this week. Therefore, they should all be up this week sometime.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter owns that book. It's been sitting on her desk to read.

    Dropping by from A to Z. It's my first year participating.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice book review; for Freedom. I will have to check it out. sounds like a good read.
    #1345
    A to Z April Blogging Challenge
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/g-is-for-the-goat-man/

    ReplyDelete