Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Hunger Games

The other night William took me out to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I didn't think I'd like it as much as the first, but was proven wrong.

Catching Fire is the second movie in The Hunger Games Trilogy. In the first movie Katniss Everdeen took her sister's place in the hunger games arena and came out a winner, along with Peeta, a baker who loves her. However, to win together they had to defy the government and now Katniss's family is in danger again unless she convinces the world she still loves Peeta, who she pretended to love in order to win the games the first time.
Katniss and Peeta are supposed to travel around the government and appear before all the districts. But things start to go bad right away, and only get worse when they discover that it has been decided previous tributes are to take place in this year's hunger games. Katniss and Peeta are forced back into the ring together. Only this time there is more going on than just the games.

I'm one of the few who didn't really like the books, but I loved the movies. I felt I understood the characters more in the movie and really became fond of Peeta, whom I couldn't relate to at all in the book. I also got to like Effie more in this movie, and when she had announce Katniss as the tribute I was tearing up with her. 
Hamysh is one of my all time favorites though. I was relieved when Peeta took his place in the games because I had a bad feeling that if he went in he would die and I didn't wish to see him die. It was bad enough when Cinna was killed. 

The only thing I was confused over was the romance in the first movie. Katniss said it was all an act, but if that is true it was a really good act and I don't think Katniss would have been able to pull off that kind of acting. Therefore, I think at least some of it was real.

To sum up, this is a movie I plan on seeing a few more times at least, and might even consider buying someday.

I have another movie review for this week. My brothers and cousins and I went and saw The Hobbit, The Desolation of Smaug on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment