Thursday, April 17, 2014

Possible move and summer adventures

A lot has been happening since I was last on here, which kind of explains my long absence. This winter, my family realized that we would need a new house by next winter. Ours has started to fall down and sink into the ground. Wind is coming through the walls and the pipes freeze whenever it gets below zero, no matter how much Ryan wraps them in heat tape.

We've been looking at houses around town, but recently a man my dad knows in Cheyenne has been asking him to come and work for him. We've all been praying about it and it sounds like my dad is going to go down and work for him for a year, then get his own business up and running, in Cheyenne. This means moving from the town I've lived in my whole life, which is exciting and scary at the same time.

Cheyenne is only forty five minutes away, so I can always come back and see the little girls I've been nannying for six years - leaving them is one reason I'm not completely excited about the idea of moving. But, my cousins live in Cheyenne and it would be fun being closer to them. So there are a lot of pros and cons to the move.

If my dad does take the job it sounds like we will be renting a house until we can find one to buy. My mom and I both have jobs here that we will probably stay on through the summer or until we find something down there. My brothers run my dad's business and they have costumers there already so the transfer would be easier on them work wise. We have a church down there already as well, a branch of our church which our Pastor preaches at on Sunday afternoons.

This, for me at least, isn't the most exciting news I've had recently. I have a friend who lives in South Carolina who owns her own photography business. She's been wanting me to come and help her since last fall and since school is out soon, she has asked me to come again. I found an Archaeological dig near her home, and if everything continues to work out, the plan is for me to go to the dig for a week, then spend three weeks helping her with her business. I am really excited for the chance to explore a new part of the States, but I am also nervous. I will miss my family for a month - and Jenni - but this is one of those chances I can't turn down.

That is really all that has been going on lately. It doesn't sound like much when I write it down, but it has taken a lot of time living it. (With school added in.) Classes will be done the first and middle weeks of May, RIGHT before my birthday, and I am looking forward to having some time off and maybe getting some writing done. Though, with spring finally coming, I have a lot of plans which involve the outdoors, and it is hard to type in the sunshine so I will have to see how much I actually get done. I do want to begin editing the first book though and see about publishing it.

I have a paper due today, so I should end this and get back to working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Evy!

    It's good to see you back ob Blogger! Wow, sounds like A TON of stuff is going on in your life. Thanks for the update and I hope it all works out!!!

    ReplyDelete