Thursday, October 2, 2014

Snow

It snowed the second to the last week of August. Then again yesterday. After the snow in August we had a week of warm weather and Ryan and my two cousins were able to get a camping trip in. Now a storm has rolled over and I don't think it is leaving in a hurry, even though the snow from yesterday melted. So, today I'm sitting safely inside with a cup of French Vanilla coffee with plans to write and read.

NaNoWriMo is a month away. I will be joining in with my mom again this year, working on the second book into my Adventure into the Unknown! series. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't written more then a couple lines on it over the summer and I'm excited to begin working on it again. I love writing in winter.

 This upcoming book, which I feel is safe to talk about since it is only a month before I begin it, is titled Misadventure on the Mountain. It takes place in England, on top of a mountain - surprise there - after Nate, Jessie, and Jeremy, along with two other team members, are shot down while flying to the coast. There is a village up on the mountain, a village trapped in time. Everyone lives like it is still the early nineteen hundreds. They don't have cars or electricity. No one ever leaves the village and they are being plagued by none other than the Red Baron, whom they believe has come back to haunt them because of an ancient curse. Nate and the others are determined to solve the mystery of the mountain, because they cannot leave until they do.

I think I had more to say, but now I have to get my dinner ready, and then things ready for work tomorrow. So I am going to leave you with the blurb and get back to steaming my rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment