Sunday, April 26, 2015

The lake

I went exploring again last week. This time I went with my roommates and they took me to a lake. It was beautiful. I even went wadding though the water was ice cold. It was perfect though. We sat out in the sun and watched a storm roll in down over the mountains. 

I even got pictures.

The storm rolling in

The lake bottom was pebbly and my feet were tender from wearing shoes all winter. I had to tip toe until the cold water numbed my toes




These were taken earlier in the week when Jenni and I went on a walk



She was not amused over the fact I was taking pictures and not throwing a ball




Yesterday it snowed and the weather dropped. I spent most of yesterday inside. While I don't mind the cold I left all of my winter things back home since I ran out of room in my car when I moved. I figured with spring coming I wouldn't need good boots and a nice coat. I was wrong. Thankfully today was warmer so I should be able to run around outside with just a jacket tomorrow.

The only nice thing with spring snowstorms, if you can't go and walk in them, is to huddle inside and read. I've been doing that a lot. A friend of mine gave me a book on the Archaeology of weapons which I've been devouring. I love it. I'd also have been editing, but the copies of my book I ordered didn't arrive when they were supposed to. They got sent back to the shipper for some reason. I'm waiting for their return so I can begin working on the book again.

While I work on Trouble in the Tomb I plan to being editing Misadventure on the Mountain. I'm pleased that I'm making progress of any kind on these books. It's exciting! I can't wait to share them with the world.

I'm going to end this though. I want to read a few more chapters in my book.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, gorgeous. I wish I lived near enough to a lake to go wading. Technically, the ocean is only a hop, skip, and a jump away... but there are no amazing mountains to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such perty pictures! The lake looks beautiful with the sun shining on it like that.

    Snow is all fine and dandy but it is annoying when it intrudes on the Spring season. Hopefully it will be warmer and you can do hiking with your friends 8-D Hiking is always fun.

    TROUBLE IN THE TOOOOOOOOOOOOMB

    ReplyDelete