Thursday, August 27, 2015

History

I always have the worst time signing up for classes. I get the impression someone, somewhere out there doesn't want me to sign up online. Every time I attempt it, get annoyed, and go in instead.

Because of various events in my life right now I figured I cannot take more than once class this semester and keep some form of sanity. I just started a new nanny job - a sister and brother ages 4 and 2. I am looking into a dig close to home, one I might be able to volunteer at more than once a year. Mostly because of the new job I can't balance a brand new seclude with a school seclude. So I decided for the fall I'd take one class online.

I hate online classes. I wasn't going to do it until I went to pick the class I wanted. Originally I intended to do an Introduction to Archaeology. But then I went to sign up, this was after I'd gone on the dig in July and realized how much history was around me. So much more than I'd thought. I became interested, and when I saw a History of Early California on the college list, an online class, I had my answer of which to take.

I think I can manage a history class online. History is one of my favorite subjects, please try and hide your surprise over that, and when I did the one on Mexico online I found it easier than the Latin one I tried.

There are times when I like to have my life planned out. Lately that hasn't happened and it is all up in the air and wild. I'm trying to catch up, while I hope it slows down enough for me to be able to taking a break now and then.

I still have one more month of feeling as if my life is insane, and then it should start to feel more normal.

As for right now, I have to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment