Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A calling

I've always wanted to go out and do something. I don't consider myself the kind of person who wants to change the world and believes all I need to do is take chocolate to African children and visit Tibet for all the world's problems to be better. But I have always wanted to do something.

I'm a restless person. When I'm not outside exploring the world around me I'm studying or reading about places I'd like to go.

I have a love for Archaeology and a desire to study Biblical Archaeology.

And one of my biggest dreams has been to go to the Creation Museum.

This week has been long and hard, and we're only a few days into it. I've been through a lot in the last few days, and I've faced a lot of uncertainties and possible changes. They scare me, and I'm not even sure if I will go through with any of them, but for the first time in my life they are possible. I could do them, if I believe God has called me to them.

What are some of the possible thems? I'm not really sure right now, but I know some of it has to do with Creation, Archaeology and my burning desire to see the world. My love of writing and of kids.

Life can change so quickly. I never realized the truth behind this until it happened to me. In the blink of an eye my world was shattered and has never been the same sense, and never will be. And I want to do something about these changes. Something which honors God and gives me a way to say thank you to one young life which kept me going when all I ever wanted to do was give up.

I've started to realize my life has only just really got started, and I have no idea what will happen next.

2 comments:

  1. :) This makes me smile. God has an amazing plan for you! (Also, the Creation Museum is SO worth the visit... though maybe even more so when they finish their Ark replica.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's exciting to be standing on the threshold, about to take the step over it. Best wishes to you, Evy!

    ReplyDelete