Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Day Three of NaNoWriMo

Today marks day three of NaNoWriMo.

I was nervous about doing it this year. I haven't accomplished anything I wanted to this year as far as writing and reading goes. I did great with everything else - went on a dig, even managed an adventure or two. Hiked all over the Tahoe mountains, at least the ones in my area. Next year and this winter I plan to branch out. But with moving, trying to start school, finding new jobs, and everything else I didn't even get my book published as I was so determined to do the beginning of the year.

I wrote a little off and on throughout the summer. A line here, a word there, but didn't even make it halfway through a book. When NaNo started up again it seemed like the perfect excuse to sit down and make myself write. To help me along it snowed, and while I don't let snow stop me from hiking, until I get my winter snow boots I'm stuck in the house more than I'd like to be.

So for three days I've sat down at my desk and typed out a little over 1,667 words a day. And my story finally is coming to life.

While book three still contains all the fun which makes the Marshalls the Marshalls it also has a slightly sadder feel then the other two. In this book Nate and Jessie meet Jack, the young British boy whose dad is sick. Dr. Patterson's illness reminds Nate and Jessie of the loss of their own parents and I've had to write a couple sad scenes.

My reading has also picked up with the cold weather. I finished the Berlin Diary. While I didn't hate it I'm glad to have it finished. It was just a really long, somewhat dry book. Perfect to get an inside look into everything going on in Germany in the early parts of the war, but not the kind of book one can just breeze through.

I have plans to read Jurassic Park this month.

Lastly, I'm thinking of doing a snippets post from either Trouble in the Tomb or book three in my next post. I don't think I've ever done one and it sounds like fun.

For now, I hope the best for anyone else doing NaNo!

No comments:

Post a Comment