Monday, January 4, 2016

Book Review #1

Over this week, and maybe next depending on how long it takes me, I will be posting a series of book reviews. I also hope to get a New Years post up, since is it is now 2016, but first and foremost are the reviews since I've gotten behind on them over the holidays and really want to get them up in a more timely manner.

Starting off the reviews is a book called Buddy's Dream by Corine Dehghanpisheh. 
Her website can be found at Books by Corine D


I have to admit, as much as I enjoy Historical books, classics and biographies I just as equally enjoy children's books. I've always loved to read, which means I read a lot of children's books when I was little. But being a nanny reminded me how much I still enjoy them. At least most of them. Sometimes it is hard to find fun, newer children's books. I usually read classics to the girls I nannied - such as Winnie the Pooh and books by Richard Scary which I'm still trying to get my hands on. I'm pleased to have come across some authors who write very good children's books.

Corine D. is one such author.

Buddy's Dream is about a little dog with a big imagination. When he falls asleep during story time he is taken on a fun adventure through a game like world where he has to solve various problems in order to make his way back home.

I've read books which are intended to teach kids something, and I've usually found them to be a little boring. This book was completely different. Not only is the story really cute the pictures are fun and bright. I enjoyed looking at them as I read the book.

This is one book I'd gladly read over and over again to little kids I babysit or nanny. I'd even buy Corine's other books to have on hand and I'm really happy I found her. It's rare to find stories like this, ones I wouldn't mind reading out loud and ones I know kids would love as well.

Her books can be found on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

I was sent this book to read and write an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment