Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year

I have two book reviews to go. One book I have to finish reading and the other I just finished last night.

I thought I'd take a break for today though and do an overview of 2015. And since I'm bad at overviews I will do a tag I stole. 

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Single best? I don't know if I can pick one. Spending time with my best friends, being lazy and laying out on sun warmed grass. The dig. Camping by myself for the first time.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
No longer being a nanny for the girls I took care of for eight years. Second the whole looking for jobs.

3. What was the most memorable thing?
A hiking trip through spiderweb trees with my best friend.

4. What did you get really, really excited about?
My brothers and Daviyd coming out for Christmas.

5. What song/album will always remind you of 2015?
Gold by Owl City as well as When Can I See You Again? and Bird with a broken wing. Album would be Adam Young's newest, Mobile Orchestra

6. How did you spend Christmas?
Snowball fights, a huge meal, early mornings...very pleasantly. I enjoyed it.

7. What were the best movies you saw in 2015? 
I didn't see as many as usual. But The Force Awakens was probably the top. Age of Ultron was really good. The Scorch Trails

8 What were the best books your read this year?
Howard Carter's account of the King Tut find. Love that one so much. Also The Archaeology of Weapons.

9 Was there any awesome/fun TV show you discovered this year?
Not really. Just Agent Carter.

10 Did you discover any new musicals?
Listened to The Phantom of the Opera for the first time.

11. Did you write any new books?
Not as many as I had planned, but I did do almost all of book three in the Marshall's series.

12. Did you make any new friends?
Some great coworkers.

13. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Learning to be more at ease with myself and RELAX. I'm horrible at relaxing.

14. Is there some change you will have to go through in 2016?
Yes, not sure exactly what, but they are always there. Maybe trying to get a job writing magazine articles. 

15. Whatw as your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Probably reading.

16. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
How to ask and accept help without being ashamed and feeling like a burden. 

17. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Shout out to the dreams you'll chase
Shout out to the hearts you'll break
Nothing's gonna stop you now
I guess you better be going

You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near
Inside of my heart, you're here
Go on, it's gotta be time
You're starting to shine
Gold by Owl City

18. What are five things you what to do in 2016?
1. Go on another dig.
2. Be a nanny again.
3. Publish my book.
4. Buy a motorcycle.
5. Go on a long hiking trip.

Basically, I want 2016 to be as amazing as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment