Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sir Princess Petra's Mission

Sir Princess Petra's Mission by Diane Mae Robinson


Sir Princess Petra has already attained her knighthood in the Kingdom of Pen Pieyu and her non-princess-like talent certificate from Talent School, neither of which pleases her father and mother, the king and queen. The king writes up more silly rules in the royal rule book to deter Sir Princess Petra from her knightly ways and useless talent, and turn her into a real princess once and for all. Will the king finally succeed with this newly written, ridiculous mission for Petra?
Blurb taken from Goodreads

This is the third book in this series. I have yet to get my hands on the first two but hope to fairly soon.

I think this book had a mix of things I liked and disliked equally.

First what I liked.
The characters. All of them were a lot of fun, variously different and I enjoyed reading about them. Everyone from Petra to her dragon - who was probably my favorite character. On top of being a dragon he was just funny and I could read about him again.

The world of Pen Pieyu has plenty of new and exciting places for readers to explore. Add to the wonder of it is the pictures, which I adored. I like books with pictures, but even better when the pictures are just as much fun to look at as the book is to read.

What I disliked:
I didn't really like as much how the king and Petra didn't get along or nothing was ever resolved between them. I think with children's books it is important for them to see good relationships between children and parents. I do hope if there are more books, which I really hope there are, that this is resolved at some point. I think it would make the books even that much more fun to read.

This book can be found on both Amazon and Barnes and Nobles.

I was sent it to read and write an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment