Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Drawings

I thought I would share some of my drawings, because I am pleased with the outcome. I gave up on art, convinced I wouldn't ever be able to master it. I finally decided even if I couldn't master it, I still enjoyed it and would do it for the fun of it. I try and do one picture a week, but Saturday I was feeling artistry so I did two. And I was shocked that they turned out. (I've been using one of those step-by-step methods online. I'm working through THIS LIST.)


There is probably a better way to share drawings online, besides holding a sketchbook open and snapping a picture with a camera, but I haven't found out how to do it yet. Until then, you will have to view them this way. This is the Cartoon Flower and is my favorite that I've done so far. (It was the third I drew and forth picture, they uploaded backwards.)


A rose I didn't color all the way in but outlined instead. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but when I reopened my sketchbook I decided I did.


A light house. I don't like how the shading worked, and I couldn't get my watercolors to blend properly. This is my least favorite that I've done, but I don't hate it.


My first drawing in about...eight years? Maybe less. I colored it in with my watercolors, and was so pleased with it I pulled it out of my sketchbook and pinned it to my wall like a little kid. It's still there.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I love the shading that you did on these pictures!

    ReplyDelete