Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Based off pictures

Until I can afford drawing lessons, I've been trying to do what I can on my own. I've found some nice pictures online and do my best to work on the shading and different lines. Some of the results I don't like, others I was very happy with how they turned out.


I can't seem to get straight pictures from my sketch book. They look straight on the camera when I take them, but then I upload them and they are crooked.

This is one I didn't like how it turned out. The shading didn't work and the whole thing looks flat. Although I was very happy with the palm leaves.

This is the picture I based it off.

The shadows of the palm trees is hard to see in the picture but much clearer in my sketch book. My camera had trouble picking them up.

Although the sand and waves didn't quite work I did like how this one turned out in the end.


This one though I must admit I really like the outcome. The reflection was a lot of fun to try and though the coloring didn't work the way I wanted I was happy with the reflection effect. I need to find a way to get my colors to blend nicer. I might see if I can pick something up when I'm back in the city to help with that.


And there are my attempts so far.

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one. I can remember doing similar projects of inverted shape in art class when I was younger. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete