Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Things Accomplished

I had a rather productive week. I don't normally do much productive wise so I impressed myself. Of course, I do the things I need. I mail in my rent check, I buy food, but other than that I seem to spend all my time walking, hiking, reading or doodling. 

My car hasn't really been working since after Christmas. It thought it would be fun to die during the coldest months of winter. And I've not had the money to fix it. But last week I finally had enough saved and took it in. Though I'm more reserved around strangers, I did skip a bit when I picked it up. I nearly hugged my keys but didn't want to worry the mechanic. 

Having a car again has been wonderful, after two months of having to borrow one or get rides. Even better is I also have gas money now!

With my new found freedom, I went places on Saturday. Just in town, but to parts of town I've not been able to get to before. I went in and got my phone replaced since the one I had decided to give up on life and ignore incoming calls. Not the best thing to happen at the moment as I've been filling out applications and would like to be able to receive calls if I am given them. I got a not so technical phone, I wanted one which wouldn't cost the fortune I didn't have. I wouldn't have even minded if it didn't do internet since I never use it on a phone. This one does that, and much more than any phone I've had before. It does email and internet and Facebook and Twitter and all kinds of other things I can't figure out. But according to the man who helped me, it isn't that high tech. I wonder what he'd have to say about my past phones? Either way, this one works and that is all I am concerned about.

I went shopping for some food as well. That wasn't as much fun and I try not to do it on Saturdays since I don't enjoy it and would rather spend most of the day hiking. So, while not fun, I did it since I was in the same area.

The best part was going down to look into piloting lessons. I haven't had a chance to make it to the airport since deciding to get my license. Unfortunately the man in charge of the lessons wasn't in. But I signed up for one and got his card, now I'm just waiting to hear from back to him as I call him from time to time to see if I can catch him while he's in. 
While there I strolled around the fence so I could get a good look at all the planes. I watched one take off and land and used all my new found knowledge from the manual to feel clever. It really was fun just to take time to look at the planes.

On the way home I did stop for a hike. That made Jenni happy. She hates running around even more than I do.

My next biggest plan is to take my car down to Carson City on Monday after work and get the oil changed and the tires rotated. There's a special going on and the price for the oil change is really good and my car needs it, especially because I want to head down to Sacramento next month for something like a flying conference. I'm hoping it will give me a chance to talk to some pilots and get some of my questions about license answered.

Other than the oil I doubt I'll be that productive again in a while. Probably because I don't typically have a need to run around and get important things like that done. It was nice to get it all done in a week, but I'm looking forward to this Saturday when I can just go on a hike then come home and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment